Achieve Perfect Glitter Braids In 5 Simple Steps
Posted on December 21 2018
We have spent years practising the perfect braid and now offer our hair and braiding services to parties and events across the UK. We thought we would share some of our expertise with you so that you can achieve the perfect glitter braid at home!
Achieving the perfect braid can seem like a complicated task, but we find that adding a little bit of glitter helps to hide any small mistakes that may be made!
Remember... practice makes perfect!
- First and foremost, you will need to section your hair. It’s completely up to you how many braids you want to put in. The most popular is two simple braids with a middle parting. However, there really is no rule. If you have thicker hair it is better to create more braids, likewise finer hair may benefit from less. If you’re just starting out, then it’s a good idea to just stick to one or two for now until you get the hang of it.
- Clip back the other section(s) of your hair you’re not braiding at the moment to prevent overlapping which can make it look messy. Then divide your other half into three sections. Start from the top and work your way down, keeping your fingers close to your scalp. From here you are just going to French plait, bringing in new sections of hair as you go.
- As you get further towards the end, incorporate the ends of your hair that have been left out. Don’t worry if it’s not perfect the first time, this is the most complicated stage that can be difficult to get right! If you practice it enough, this will become second nature in no time.
- Secure it with a mini hairband, then do the exact same with the other sections of your hair. Cover up any mistakes or messy parts with bobby pins! These will also help with keeping your hair in place. It’s a good idea to use a setting spray, just to encourage your plaits to hold all day.
- Next…let the fun begin! Pick as many glitter colours as you want and get creative, the possibilities are endless! It’s best to start with a little, see how you go and then build upon it. Sprinkle the glitter anywhere you like, down the middle parting gives a subtler look but if you’re going for an eye-catching style then why not sprinkle that glitter on your braids from top to bottom!
So, there you have it. 5 simple steps to creating amazingly beautiful braids, perfect for festivals, endless summer days and big nights out. For more information about our glitter makeup or events, don't hesitate to get in touch!